KAREI NO KARAAGE(Deep - fried marinated Plaice)
4 Small Whole Plaice(about 15- 20 cm)
100ml Shoyu(Japanese Soy Sauce)
100ml Sake(Japanese Rice Wine)
3-4 Tbs Potato Starch Flour
Oil for frying
1. Combine the Shoyu and Sake in a large shallow tray, then marinate the fish
for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the fish and dry with paper towels.
3. Coat them with the potato flour, shake off any excess.
4. Heat the oil to 160C and fry the fish for 5-6 minutes then drain.
5. Just before serving, heat the oil to 190 c and fry the fish again for 2 more minutes.
This way, you can get a nice, crisp crunchy surface.
6. Drain and serve.
*Serving Method and Accompaniments
Garnish with a fresh green salad or serve with a side dish along with plain boiled Japanese rice,
Miso soup and Japanese pickles in a rice bowl, soup bowl and a small dish respectively.